Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
vandy vandy is offline

Default help with macros

Hello Doug,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the Auto Form document and would
require some help.

Bear with me I am not very good at macros and dont totally understand the
concept of bookmark. If I am not wrong Bookmark gives you the location of
each feild typed in.

With my limited knowlege i have created a form which has input text feilds
to store information of the user. I am attempting to extract these values. I
have named each text box form feild with a book mark.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION : [ ] COMPONENT [ ]

MPI NO [ ] DRAWING# [ ] REV NO [ ] ASSEMBLY DWG [ ]

TOT QTY [ ]

each square bracket representing a text form feild with bookmarks for each
feild. Now how to extract the values for these once the user inputs them. The
order of these entries do not change. Based on the entries i have to create
a product tag for merging labels. Is this possible. How do i proceed from
here.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You would have to advise how the data is arranged in the reports, is the
data always arranged in that way, etc. before anyone could suggest a macro
to you.

You might want to think however about designing the reports so that the data
extraction is facilitated.

See

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"vandy" wrote in message
Hi Graham,

Yes you are right. I need to extract specific field values from a word
document and create a label tag out of it.

I have an inspection report which has project data like Project desc,
project no, Component desc, Dwg no input. I have to extract this
information
and create a product tag. Is this possible.
I am not very good at macros. So any macro example which extracts data to
print will be of immense help.

Thanks in advance.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This doesn't sound much like a merge to me? You appear to want to extract
information from a document and create a label from that information?
That
being the case, what is the information and how will the macro recognize
it
from the document?

vandy wrote:
Hi All.

I have to create a mail merge button which when clicked will merge
specific selected feilds from a word document and create a label tag.

I want to know if this can be automated and done. Ideally the user
should be prompted for what to enter and based on his input the
values should be displayed as a label.

Thanks for your help in advance.