One way would be to pour the document into a fresh Word document using the
"Book fold" feature. The problem of course, will come with scaling tables,
graphics, etc.

But if there are not too many pages, note that you can select the order in
which they are printed using "2 pages per sheet." If you tell Word to print
4,1,2,3 (or 8,1,2,7,6,5,4,3), you will get the layout you need. For more
than a couple of sheets, though, this would get to be a lot of work.

"John Alexander" John wrote in message
I've read many postings and the MVPS article by Susan. I have no problem
creating booklets for my own documents. However, I wish to print "other
people's documents" in booklet form without destroying their formatting.

wish to save paper, and I carry a Franklin Covey planner that uses the 5.5

8.5" page size, which is perfectly-suited for booklets. Having many
documents emailed to me daily, I would like to print these in booklet

form,
put them in the planner, and read later.

When I choose scaling at "2-sheets per page", and use my printer's duplex
feature on the "short edge", it comes very very close to what I wish to
accomplish. However, it prints pages 1 and 2 on one side, and 3 and 4 on

the
other side -- as opposed to 4 and 1, 2 and 3, which is required to work
properly once folded. If you cut and hole-punch, it gets worse, as there

is
no way to arrange them properly.

Any help is appreciated