As I pointed out in my reply to your previous question, images on Web pages
*are* linked, so when you copy an image from the Web, you are copying the
link rather than the picture.

"Anna Summers" wrote in message
I used to be able to copy an image of a canceled check from my bank's

website
and paste it into Word 2000 and Wordpad. I copied an image containing

text
and image, the text pasted, the image did not (used to all paste as one
item). This no longer works. Most of the copy/paste web to word/wordpad
continue to work, but some, such as this one, do not.

I was using an HP installed version of Windows that came with MS Works and
installed Word 2000 from Office 2000 Small Business. I reinstalled this

same
operating system and the copy/paste no longer worked. I may have

uninstalled
Works also.

Then I reinstalled my OS with a fresh copy of WinXP (no crapware from HP)
and the cut/paste from this particular bank website page to Word 2000,

Word
2003, Wordpad still did not work any longer.

Also, when I copy an image from the web to the clipboard, Word 2003 wants

go to the internet for the image instead of pasting it from the clipboard.

hope it is pasting images and not links, but I don't know how to tell or

how
to make it default to always paste the image itself (never links). I

really
do not want Word 2003 going to the internet for things I that want to

paste
that I have copied into the clipboard. Can I stop this behavior and make

it
paste the image itself from the clipboard?

Thanks, --Anna