Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Resizing cells in an existing Word 2007 table?

The thing is that the Table Tools Design/Layout tabs are context sensitive;
this is quite different from previous versions.

For what it's worth, I often think in terms of the old menus. When I'm about
to change a setting in Word, I want to use the Tools menu; when I'm about to
Save As, I find myself looking (in my mind, at least) for the File menu.
:-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Thomboy" wrote in message
news
I hate to say this, Stefan, but had my eyes only looked up slightly, I
would
have seen the tools tab. It is tough to teach an old dog new tricks;
actually since nothing in the past appeared so high on the page, except
the
file name, I didn't even look.

I guess what I am saying is that I hate to admit that I have been going
down
the same path too long, and I needed a good kick in the rear to remind me
that one is never too old to learn, or think outside the box. NUTS!

Too soon old, and too late smart!!

Thomboy

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the insertion point in the relevant cell. On the Table Tools:
Layout
ribbon, click the Split Cells command (in the Merge group).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Thomboy" wrote in message
Like many when I converted to Office 2007 along came Word 2007, but the
easy
ways to divide one or two cells in the row of an already existing table
disappeared, or at least I cannot determine how to do it now.

When using the tables command in Word 2007, after creating a simple 3
column
by 10 row table, how do I divide in half a single cell in a row? For
example, if in row 1 I want to divide equally the last cell in this
row?
do not want any cells to shift or resize except for cell three in
column
one,
and I want the untouched cell 1 and 2 to remain the same as they were
before
I divided cell 3.

I am trying to create a blank table so I can print information in each
cell
to watch RE sales, but don't want the same number of cell columns in
each
row.

Thanks for the help; I wish the tables wizard hadn't gotten lost
between
upgrades!!

Thanks for the help, Thomboy