Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page 1 continous

You need to use "Start at 1" in the section where you want to start at 1 and
"Continue from previous section" in subsequent sections.

"Derry Citizen" wrote in message

"Derry Citizen" wrote:

Thanks to your instructions I now have page number 1 beginning on page 33
of
my document (which is where I want it to begin). However, page number 1
appears on every page. Do you have suggestions how to make the numbers
continuous?

Thank you for your quick response, but I'm still confused--sorry.

I have a 100 page document and want the page numbering to start at one (on
page 33 of my document) and continue through the rest of the document. I
don't believe I can "Continue from previous section." The insert page as
field sounds good but after looking in "help" field sections still don't
know
how to do it. Again, sorry.

Would you be able to guide me to a site that can give more detailed
directions? Thanks so very much.