Jay Freedman

Default 2nd Table of Contents

Hi Nicole,

Insert a bookmark to enclose each section, and then use the \b switch in the
corresponding TOC field to limit it to that bookmark. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nicole wrote:
I know that I can insert a second Table of Contents within the same
document.

However, I saw in one document that the second Table of Contents only
showed the headings of that section. So in the first section I can
see the complete Table of Contents e.g.

1.
1.1
2.
2.1
3.
3.1 etc.

In the second section I only see

2.
2.1
2.1.1
2.2
2.2.1
etc.

Is there a special trick how to achieve this? My suspicion is that the
author has deleted all other parts of the second Table of Contents
except
2.1..., however, it is very annoying every time I update the table as
I get the whole list again.

Any ideas?

Regards

Nicole