Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Show Hidden Text Reactivating Without Prompting

"erik_gregory" wrote:

When you uncheck hidden text, save the document and close it, sometimes the
Show Hidden Text feature reactivates (the next time you open the document,
for example). Is there any way to keep this guy off permanently? Sometimes my
users get confused when they open one of my docs and they see all the hidden
text, even though I unchecked this feature. Any advice? Thanx!

This is a local setting, not a document setting. To work on a per document
basis, you need a macro.