Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Riverview

Default drawing a line I can type on later

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Put the text form field in a table cell with a bottom border; make the table
cell the width of the page (or whatever's left of it).

"Nicole" wrote in message
I have a related question - I have created a form with underlining as
described in this thread and it works well. However, some of the people
using this form will likely print it out rather than filling it out
electronically. How can I create an underline all the way across the page
when it prints so that some one can "fill-in-the-blank" manually? Right

now
when I print, it only gives me an underline for the length of the blank

text
form field box.

Thanks for any help!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Text form fields are no different in that respect than typing regular

text.
To prevent moving the following text, either put the form fields into a
table (or several tables) or separate the fields from the following text
with tabs (set a tab stop where the following text should begin). Tables

are
better, because a tab will jump to the next tab stop after the one you
intended if the field gets too wide.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm for some help
with this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

noellia wrote:
Yes, I pressed the Protect Form. It did make it so only the form
fields are input capable, but the form fields actually expanded one
space for every letter typed, thus shifting everything over to the
right. Ugh.

"GKW in GA" wrote:

Did you pres the Protect Form. That makes the documument so only the
form fieds are input capable

"GKW in GA" wrote:

On the FORMS toolbar, press the Text Form Field button to insert a
form field. Place cursor in the field just created (it probably
will be grey) and press the Underline button on FORMAT toolbar to
underline the form field. Do this for every field you want to add.
There is a button called Form Field Shading that will remove the
grey background from the form fields if you don't like they grey
background. When your done press the Protect Form button on the
FORMS toolbar. This will allow typing only in the form fields when
the document os opened. Save the document

"noellia" wrote:

I'm creating a form. I want it to have several "fill-in-the-blank"
lines (i.e., Name:_____________, Address ____________), but I want
to be able to save the form for multiple future uses, and be able
to just go in & type text on the lines without affecting the
layout of the form as it was saved.

I use the line draw on the drawing toolbar. Simply type a word and place the line underneath. You can then type above the line and it prints out as well. Very simple.