WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I create a 5.5" x 8.5" template

To create a 5.5" x 8.5" template in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Size" and then select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, enter 5.5" for the width and 8.5" for the height.
  5. Set the margins to 1.85" for the top and bottom, and 2.15" for the left and right.
  6. Click "OK" to save the changes and close the window.

To copy and paste your existing content into this new template, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your existing document that is typed in the standard 8.5" x 11" size.
  2. Select all of the text by pressing "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard.
  3. Copy the text by pressing "Ctrl+C" on your keyboard.
  4. Switch to the new document that you created with the 5.5" x 8.5" template.
  5. Paste the text by pressing "Ctrl+V" on your keyboard.

Your text should now be pasted into the new template with the correct margins and size. You may need to adjust the font size or spacing to make sure it fits well on the smaller page size.