Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Linking Excel file and Word File

Hi Mike,

What version of Word and Excel?

If you use Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display, what does the field show in both the 'works' and 'doesn't work' case.

"Mike" wrote in message ...
I linked an excel cell into Word using paste special, then paste link as
object. When both file stored in local hard drive, the Word update the data
from excel everytime it opened, but when both files stored in a server, it
couldn't update the link automatically. I have to right click each link then
select Update Link to get the data updated.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP