Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Report Creation

"David Robinson" David wrote in message
That looks like exactly what I want. I've managed to put a couple blocks
together pretty quickly and they appear to work as advertised. Naturally
I've run into a couple questions though:

1. I built a Cover Page block and set it to insert all of the content on
new page. The content of the cover page uses one entire page.

Unless you want to insert the Building Block as the first page then you
don't want to use the Cover Page gallery for your custom Building Blocks.
Granted, if you right-click a thumbnail in the gallery you are presented
with other insertion options but those are frequently overlooked. What I
would do is add them to one of the Custom galleries available, such as
Custom 1. Then you can add the Custom 1 Building Blocks gallery to the Quick
Access Toolbar (for only the template, not all documents) to make them
accessible.

When I insert
it from the Building Block gallery it changes the line spacing. I have a
bunch of blank lines set to Arial-10 and single spaced but when it's
inserted
from the gallery it ends up double spacing the lines.

I'm not sure why you are adding empty paragraphs, but it sounds like you
need to change your Document Defaults if you want single spaced lines and no
space before/after the paragraph. For this, on the Home tab, click the
dialog box launcher in the Paragraph group, make your spacing changes, then
click the Default button at the bottom. Note you want to make sure your
template is open so the defaults are applied to your template and not your
Normal template.

2. Is there some way to enfore an order for any given section? I see that
the Cover Page can be forced to insert at the beginning. I'd like to be
able
to force other sections to only appear either before or after other
sections.

Only the Cover Page gallery includes the ability to insert the Building
Block as the first page. Unless you right-click a Building Block thumbnail
and select an insertion method from the options provided they will be
inserted at the insertion point.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: