Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Default Word pad

Hi Suzanne,
Is there anyway of changing the format back or undoing the
corruption if it is....if so how would I know and can I change it back or
have I lost it completely. If I have lost it competely then I have to delete
it out of my system I thought I could fix the problem as it is something I
wrote up for my daughter and now I NEED it for the new baby.

Regards Sharon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if it may have been saved in a different format or corrupted.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Thank You for getting back to me. Yes word pad is under acessories but

when I
open up word pad then the file that I want opened, it isn't there. I can't
seem to find the file that I want. It is now under 2003 word viewer but

it
is jumbled up with all different signs and codes. I don't know how to

decode
the writing.
Regards Sharon
\ "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wordpad is part of Windows. Have you looked on the Programs menu under
Accessories?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
I have tried to open it in word pad but I can't seem to find it in my
system.
I know it was in my secondary hard drive then I got it put in with my

Main
drive. I t is still in my system but I can't find it in my word pad.

HELP
ME
PLEASE.

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Suzanne,
I tried to open it in Word pad but it won't open. When I

put
my
secondary hard drive in with the main hard hard drive which is now
Windows XP
as I had an old computer with the basics back then it doesn't seem

work.
Regards Sharon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Hello everyone,
I have tried everything that

garfield-n-oldie
had
told
me to do, I have modify the windows registry...didn't work, I
installed
the
free word 2003 viewer...didn't work all I have now is funny
pictures/signs
in
place of the writing. Can someone please help me decode this

problem
and
allow me to open my wordpad document.

Thank you...Have a good night.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My
question is
that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is

word
pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes

up
with
"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows

XP
and I
have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C

but I
can't
seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please
help me,
much
appreciated.

Regards