Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word pad

Have you tried using the Recover Text from Any File setting in Word's File
Open dialog? If that doesn't help, then you won't be able to access this
file.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,
Is there anyway of changing the format back or undoing

the
corruption if it is....if so how would I know and can I change it back or
have I lost it completely. If I have lost it competely then I have to

delete
it out of my system I thought I could fix the problem as it is something I
wrote up for my daughter and now I NEED it for the new baby.

Regards Sharon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if it may have been saved in a different format or

corrupted.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Thank You for getting back to me. Yes word pad is under acessories but

when I
open up word pad then the file that I want opened, it isn't there. I

can't
seem to find the file that I want. It is now under 2003 word viewer

but
it
is jumbled up with all different signs and codes. I don't know how to

decode
the writing.
Regards Sharon
\ "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wordpad is part of Windows. Have you looked on the Programs menu

under
Accessories?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
I have tried to open it in word pad but I can't seem to find it in

my
system.
I know it was in my secondary hard drive then I got it put in with

my
Main
drive. I t is still in my system but I can't find it in my word

pad.
HELP
ME
PLEASE.

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Suzanne,
I tried to open it in Word pad but it won't open.

When I
put
my
secondary hard drive in with the main hard hard drive which is

now
Windows XP
as I had an old computer with the basics back then it doesn't

seem
work.
Regards Sharon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" . wrote in message
Hello everyone,
I have tried everything that

garfield-n-oldie
had
told
me to do, I have modify the windows registry...didn't work,

installed
the
free word 2003 viewer...didn't work all I have now is funny
pictures/signs
in
place of the writing. Can someone please help me decode this

problem
and
allow me to open my wordpad document.

Thank you...Have a good night.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day.

My
question is
that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive

which is
word
pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it

comes
up
with
"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got

Windows
XP
and I
have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive

(C
but I
can't
seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it.

Please
help me,
much
appreciated.