Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sherobot

Default How do you create a pie chart with mail merge

Hey Cindy!
Thank you so much, your macro works great!.
yeah I did mean ... "including a pie chart in a mail merge."

My only question is now that I have it working, I tried changing the data to
my own table and for some reason it only merges 2 of the 4 columns that I
need to show. How can I get the other 2 columns to display in the chart?

For example the data I have in the columns a
Salary
Life
Accidental
Year Span

After the mail merge runs it only shows on the pie chart Life and Year Span.
I've changed it several times in the original (letter before the merge), but
once the merge runs it converts back to 2

hope this makes sense.

she-robot

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2hlcm9ib3Q=?=,

I'm trying to create a document that needs to be mail merged. My question is
how can I use mail merge in a pie chart?

Mail merge IN a pie chart? Well, that's not possible. Including a pie chart in
mail merge is just barely possible, but takes a lot of work or a good bit of
advanced macro coding. you'll find a discussion on the topic, with sample macro
code, in the mail merge FAQ on my website.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)