Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default HOW to export auto text entries ?

DEAR SUZANNE

First of all thanks for such quick response and it was such a relief.

I understood till where to start a new doc; save it as a new template; open
add-ins; and organizor etc.

Do you mind giving a bit more explanation or steps for your line "She can
either put it in Word's Startup folder as an add-in .....".

Since it is late here, I will try the rest tomoro and send the file to my
wife and see if she can reverse the organizer.

Will give u the feedback after I get the comments from home. Once again
thanks for the good start.

brgds/captgnvr
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText entries are saved in templates. By default they are saved in
Normal.dot, but you don't want to share that with your wife, as it would
override her settings. So, assuming you both have Word 2003 or earlier,
create a new template (you can name it AutoText), then open Tools |
Templates and Add-ins and click Organizer. Assuming you have your new
template open for editing, you should see it on the left side and
Normal.dot on the right. Select the AutoText tab, then select the AutoText
entries in Normal.dot that are not just the standard Normal.dot ones (that
is, the ones you have created), and copy them to your new template.

Save your template and give it to your wife (via any ordinary means of
transfer). She can either put it in Word's Startup folder as an add-in or
reverse the Organizer process to copy the entries into her Normal.dot. FWIW,
saving AutoText entries in a separate add-in template can be a good idea; if
you ever have to blow Normal.dot away to solve application problems, you
won't lose the entries (though you can certainly retrieve them using the
Organizer even if you do have to rename Normal.dot to solve a problem).

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
DEAR ALL

I have a list of about 50 names with titles and designations.

I want to send this as word file to my wife as an auto text entries, so
that
she need not type these names each time.

Pls sugest the best way to do; as auto text entry or any other better way
do the same.

BR/CAPTGNVR