Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default line & paragraph spacing in Word

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Sounds like you need to unlink sections 1 and 2, they are linked by default.
See "what happens when you have more than one section" on this page:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

Also, "different first page" only applies *within* a section.

Also, in Page Setup be sure to pay attention to the "apply to" menu.

See also:

Also, re your previous question to John--he just dropped in because someone
alerted him to the thread, and may have now gone away again. I don't think
there is a link to the updated article--I think what John meant is that with
lots of edits and updates, errors got overlooked.

On 7/26/05 9:10 AM, "Jackie D" wrote:

Hi John

I wonder if I can ask you another question about templates again?

I am trying to separate out the front page from the body of a document. I
clicked in the first page (ie the front matter page) and in page set up I
selected Section Start at Odd Page and also Different first page.

Page 2 (ie the first page of the body of the document) also says Section
start at odd page and I haven't ticked Different first page.

And yet, the front page doesn't appear to be divroced from the next page
because the formatting and styles I put in the front matter page are also in
the next page. So it seems, I haven't actually created a different first
page. Do you where I'm going wrong?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Hello I have a problem I am new to Word and I need to know 3 things ( how to do them )

1. Change the line spacing of a list.
2. Change the line spacing of a paragraph of text.
3. Change the paragraph spacing between body text and a heading.

Thank You.