Kelly

Sorry, I should have added that this file had two passwords (ie. it was
reserved, and another password for modifying)

"Kelly" wrote:

This is a message from a complete idiot. This is the second time I have done
this, and after the last catastrophe, promised everyone with ears I'd back
up. I didn't. I'm an idiot! Kind of terrifying to think my day job is in IT...

I have large word documents which I encrypt due to security issues. My
registry died last week and took out Windows (XP Pro), so I had to put
another installation on and set it all up again. All of my documents were
(again, stupidly) stored in folders on my old login's desktop, but were all
okay (or all seemed okay).

...except one file, which is about 500kb and was encrypted. Now when I open
it, I get a file permission error. When I recover text from the document
using several different recovery programs, its gibberish (of course, because
of the encryption). When I try to insert the file into a new document, word
tells me "user does not have access privelages".

Oh, please, please, someone tell me if there's a way to fix this...! any
help is honestly, sincerely, gratefully appreciated.