Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Default How to get a date merge field to show a date 60 days in the fu

Graham - thanks AGAIN for replying. I guess, after reading through the
document - I am not getting something. You write:

"will depend on what field you base the calculated date on."

This is probably my ignorance on this formal stuff - but I am not really
basing it (i think) on anything.

I am using the merge field from - the macropod link you gave me - on page 7
the section titled:

Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n (301) days delay

When I toggle the field - the ONE difference I see in the formula used there
and the one on the screen shot on YOUR website is that mine simply says
"DATE" instead of "CREATEDATE" Is this what you mean by "field you base the
calculated date on"?

Also - my SET delay is set to 60.

So to clarify - my need is:

When a user prints a document today - a date 60 days from today will
auto-populate. when they print it tomorrow - it will print a date 60 days
from tomorrow.

Thank SO MUCH for your time - I really appreciate it, Graham!!

George

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Whether or not the calculated date field updates will depend on what field
you base the calculated date on.

George wrote:
Graham - WOW - thank you - I think this should work for me - clearly
I need to wait until tomorrow to see if the date changes in the
document. By the way - will the date update automatically WITHOUT a
user having to use the "update Fields" right-click action? I guess
I'll find out tomorrow....... I was hoping for it to update
automatically upon printing.

Thanks again!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This is rather complicated but see
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm
and especially http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

George wrote:
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a
date merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried
multiple formats - but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone
know how to do this?