Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mercedes.K Mercedes.K is offline

Default conditional inclusion of pictures

Thank you both again.
Peter, I appreciate the offer to send you the images but I'm quite certain
they are the same size. In Photoshop, they're all 200dpi and are all
approximately 7cm wide (and between 1 and 7 cm high depending on the shape of
the logo (or approx 600 pixels wide by 100 to 600 high)

Graham, if you'll bear with me... I have NO idea why this isn't working.
Really liked your idea of simply referncing the dropdown name (so long as
it's the same as the file name). Didn't realise it could be done that way
but yes, makes perfect sense.
Sorry, this is all very new to me.
However, it won't work.
Here's my syntax, just as you said except that I moved the images into a new
folder...
{ Includepicture "d:\\Airlines\\1 AWB Logos\\{ REF DropDown1 }.jpg" }

But then I lock the form and test and no images appear and so I unlock and
every time I unlock, I find my syntax has changed to the following:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "Airlines/1%20AWB%20Logos/.jpg" \* MERGEFORMAT }

Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you both so much.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

2) All the logos are saved at the same resolution of 200dpi and are all
approximately 3 inches wide and yet some show up at the right size and
others
show up much smaller (about 1 inch wide)

Are you creating the graphics yourself or getting them from elsewhere? I
just wonder whether the .jpgs really are all the same size or whether they
look the same size in the application you usually use to check. (It's not an
area I'm particularly familiar with, otherwise I'd be more specific! You are
welcome to e-mail them to me (despam my e-mail
by removing the KillmapS if you want to do
that) and I'll have a look.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Mercedes.K" wrote in message
Hi there...
I have created a form that has a dropdown list of airlines such as
AlItalia,
Emirates, etc... and I've entered an IF / THEN string to include the logo
of
the airline so that if Emirates is selected then the Emirates logo
appears,
and so on and so forth.
I'm having a few issues though...
1) All the logos show, but one. For some reason when I "Update Field"
after
selecting "Air France" the logo simply doesn't appear. I get a blank. As
far as I can see, the syntax is fine!
2) All the logos are saved at the same resolution of 200dpi and are all
approximately 3 inches wide and yet some show up at the right size and
others
show up much smaller (about 1 inch wide)
3) Is there an easy way to have the "includepicture" field update
automatically? There are a number of users who will use this form and
even
if I select to update fields in the options so that the form prints
properly,
they're going to get confused when they don't see the logo pop up.

Here's a shortened version of what I have...
{IF {Dropdown1} = "Air France" "{Includepicture "D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB
Logos\\AirFrance.jpg"}" {IF {Dropdown1} = "AlItalia" "{Includepicture
"D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB Logos\\AlItalia.jpg"}" {IF {Dropdown1} = "Emirates"
"{Includepicture "D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB Logos\\Emirates.jpg"}" "" }}}

Thanks so much
mercedes