Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Insert certain paragraphs based on fields in Excel database

If you always need a blank line (blank para.) at the bginning of each of
your text paragraphs, you can put a new para immediately after the ", e.g.

instead of

{ IF{ MERGEFIELD "LetterG" } = "G"
"Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph" "" }

try

{ IF{ MERGEFIELD "LetterG" } = "G"
"
Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph" "" }

etc.

Peter Jamieson

"MarvInBoise" wrote in message
Sorry Peter, but here I am again! I have the merge working based on
letter
type (I did have to split it out into separate columns). Now my challenge
appears to be spacing and line returns based on whether paragraphs are
merged
or not. Here is my code:

To continue to be an Approved Carrier for....:
{IF{MERGEFIELD "LetterG"} = "G"
"Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph"}
{IF{MERGEFIELD "LetterL"} = "L"
"Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph"}
{IF{MERGEFIELD "LetterC"} = "C"
"Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph"}
{IF{MERGEFIELD "LetterW"} = "W"
"Certificate of General Liability...
rest of paragraph"}
All insurance.....
--
Marv Lusk
Boise Corporation

"MarvInBoise" wrote:

Need to choose certain paragraphs to be inserted in Word document with
mail
merge to an Excel file; the Excel file "letter" field can contain a
character
defining the paragraph to be inserted, e.g., L=Liability pagragraph; the
"letter field can contain LCWG; each letter designates a different
paragraph
be inserted.
--
Marv Lusk