Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
stacynagyvary stacynagyvary is offline

Default Header Row Applied to Entire Table

Thank you! That was it. Lovely that Word Help leaves the step out regarding
the Layout tab. You are a life saver!
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

To tell Word that you have a header row, click the box in the Table style
options group of the Table tools Design tab. To tell Word what that you want
it to repeat heading rows, click Repeat header rows in the Data group of the
Table tools Layout tab.

Don't feel bad. I didn't find that last button until a full year after I
started using W2007. I had searched help online several times; no joy. I
found it quite by accident while creating a formula.

Every menu item, with the exact wording used, should be in the help database.
But MS (and other software publishers) refuses to to this.

PamC

stacynagyvary wrote:
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks!