Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default can I apply a "return to top" hyperlink to all pages in a doc?

You are welcome. However, note that if you are using Word's built-in
heading styles to format the chapter and section titles, and if you
are creating the PDF with Adobe Acrobat (don't know how other PDF
software works), links should be added to the Bookmarks window which
can then be used for navigation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
Thanks Stefan - I'll try that, I think it's probably the most

sensible
solution.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Perhaps you could insert a hyperlink at "key points" of the

document,
for example, at the end of each chapter or section? This is not
exactly what you are looking for, but it would certainly help

people
who read the document on screen.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
It's quite a long document and is a training guide to be

circulated
to a
large number of users - I'm trying to make it as easy as

possible
for them to
get back to the contents screen. Thanks though.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Word is an application for *creating* documents. It is not at

its
best as a
method for displaying them on them screen. You could create a

macro that
takes you to any point in the document, and assign that to a

single
keystroke; but why not just drag the scrollbar to the top?

"glitterbug99" wrote

in
message
I'm working with a long Word document, and want to put a

"return
to top"
hyperlink onto every page. I've tried putting it in a

footer,
but as it's
then in the background, it can't be clicked on. Is there any

other way of
repeating text in the same place on every page? I'm in Word

2002. Thanks.