Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mrs Tabs Mrs Tabs is offline

Default replacing blocked text

Thank you Graham - the same thing happened to me and your answer has solved
the problem. But does anyone know why does the programme suddenly change like
this of its own accord?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check tools options edit typing replaces selection.

greenie wrote:
I used to be able to block text and type a letter which would replace
the entire text. Now, when I block the text and type a letter, the
letter is just added at the end of the blocked text.

Also, I used to be able to block text and press "backspace" and the
block text would be erased. Now when I block text and press
"backspace," the cursor just goes to the beginning of the blocked
text.

WHY IS IT DOING THIS!?!!!

Blocked text + delete works just fine though.