Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Two unrelated questions

Usually, to open Word to 'nothing', it is necessary to edit the Startup
command line by adding the /n switch. I would check to see if the shortcut
that you are using to launch Word has been edited that way.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"PT" wrote in message
Two unrelated questions – Word 2003, WinXP Home

1. Right now, when I fire up Word, it opens empty, and I have to
click on “new” to open a blank page. I assume this has to do with
normal.dot, but I'm not sure how to make the change.

2. I frequently open an article in the IE browser, and wish to convert
the text to a Word document. To date, I highlight the desired text,
then click Ctrl-C to copy it, open Word to a blank page and click Ctrl-
V to paste the text.

Is there a way to create a virtual Word printer, so that after
highlighting the desired text, I could simply click ctrl-p to print,
and select the “Word Printer”?