Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Problem Accessing Outlook Contacts

From Outlook tools e-mail accounts view or change existing directories
or address books. Delete the Outlook address book. Re-add Outlook address
book.
Check the properties of Outlook Contacts and ensure that under the Outlook
Address Book tab, that 'show this folder as an e-mail address book' is
checked.
If you have more than one contacts list you can set the order in which they
are displayed from address book tools
If this doesn't fix it consult the Outlook forum.
Note that re-installing Office products rarely achieves anything useful.

Chaplain Doug wrote:
By the way, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Outlook and Word.
I have installed all updates to Office 2003.

There are contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder. I am able to acces
them in Outlook, and I am able to initiate a MailMerge from Outlook
using the contacts.

Again, thanks for any help you may provide. God bless.

Word 2003, Outlook 2003. Since upgrading from Office XP to Office
2003 I am getting erroneous results. When I do a Tools - Letters
and Mailings - Envelopes and Labels and press the "Insert address"
icon on the Envelopes and Labels dialog, I get the following
unexpected results:

1. I get a dialog box telling me to "Choose Profile." The default
profile name (and the only profile available from the drop down
list) is "Outlook."
2. When I select the profile "Outlook" in the dialog in 1 above, I
get the error dialog:

The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder
associated with the
address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or
deleted, or you do
not have permissions.

3. When I press the OK button I get a "Select Name" dialog that
shows names from "Contacts." However, there are no names displayed.

ANY IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO? I have already tried uninstalling
Outlook and reinstalling Outlook. Thanks for any help and God bless.

Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
www.goodnewsjail.org