Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007-Pinning documents to most recent list

My guess is a minor corruption of the Word data key in the registry leading
to a miscounting of the displayed items. The list is stored at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\File MRU

FWIW the following macro will clear the recent files list, leaving the
pinned items

Sub ClearUnpinned()
'Clear recent file list leaving the pinned items
Dim rFile As RecentFile
Dim WSHShell, RegKey, rKeyWord
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
RegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Word\File MRU\"
For Each rFile In RecentFiles
rKeyWord = WSHShell.RegRead(RegKey & "Item " & rFile.Index)
Select Case Mid(rKeyWord, 10, 1)
Case Is = 0, 2
rFile.Delete
End Select
Next rFile
MsgBox "Recent file list is cleared," & vbCr & _
"retaining the pinned items", _
vbInformation, _
"Clear Recent File List"
End Sub

"RainCityChick" wrote in message
news
I've pinned several documents to my most recent documents list but they
don't
always show. For example, I have about 5 documents that I have pinned and
I'm showing 20 new documents when I click the Office button in Word.

If I have worked recently with 25 or 30 documents, but not one of the 5
that
are pinned, then the most recent 20 show, and that list doesn't always
include the 5 that are pinned.

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks!