Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

Default Document Recovery mode

Thanks Suzanne
I did discover the zoom - neat trick as seeing 2 pages at a time is helpful
sometimes. Out of frustration, learning doth come!
Slowly going through and re aligning the cells in the tables so that I end
up with the same material on the pages per the original document.

I am noting that a lot of the formatting has gone and wonder why???
Things like auto numbering in cells have just disappeared and the styles I
had set for the formatting have somehow gone as well. Appears to have
reverted to a normal template default setting throughout.
If I were not the only person who access this file I would begin to wonder
if a little elf had not been in playing around.

Do you think, once I have completely reformatted, saved and burned a copy to
disk that it would be save to delete all the temp files?
I will now go and review your link, thanks for the help

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Changing the view in Print Layout is just a matter of changing the Zoom
setting. The repaired document should be fine. As for the "Recover Text"
question, this is a "Files of type" setting in the File Open dialog; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/RecoverText.htm for more.

"Slow Learner" wrote in message
Open file named repaired (last one I worked on) and it opens in docuemnt
recover mode. Errors shows as: Internal data integrity (type4) 1 and

Styles
1.
As well in print layout view I am getting 2 pages not one. How do I

change
this?
Thanks Suzanne it really is frustrating when you can not figure out what

is
happening to something that took so long to create in the first place. I
would hate to have to start again but need this to be a stable document as

it
is a manual and will have to undergo revisions from time to time and if I
have this fight each time I revise it will drive me even crazier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you perhaps open the document using the "Recover Text from Any File"
setting? As for the creation of .tmp files, this is normal; they will be
deleted when you close the file. You don't even see them unless you are
viewing All Files in Word's File Open dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Slow Learner" wrote in message
I have a 66 page document that contains a 3 column table of data that

has
been scanned into Word2002.
I formatted the tables after scanning (each page scanned created a

table)
fit on the page (row height, width etc.) so that each table is the

same.
also removed all paragraph markers within the cells of the tables and
between
the tables.
I saved then printed, proofed and saved the document.
I opened the supposed 66 page document and found that the formatting

was
all
gone within the tables and the document was now 50 some pages! in

length.
I began going through the document and reformatting using the print
version
as a guide (no longer have the figures for making the rows-columns

line
up)
and looked at the directory where I was saving it to only to see that
there
are ~*.tmp files being created (I noticed these there when I looked

after
opening a 55 page document but deleted them) Now they are coming back

new
one each change I make to this document.
Why would this happen in the first place? Is the document toast and
should
I simply start again?