Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Can I use the "block and copy" feature within a macro?

Are you using a specific template for the transcription? If so then you can
bookmark those areas that you want to repeat elsewhere and then use
cross-references to duplicate the information automatically. Bookmarks can
be tricky to work with depending on the type of setup you have, they can be
easily deleted if you aren't careful, but there are ways around this using
either protected documents or Word fields.

If this possibility will work for you then let us know and we can provide
some specifics on the methods you can use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"lynnmedtran" wrote in message
I would like to be able to create macros that include searching my current
document, then blocking, copying and pasting chosen info in other parts of
my
document but haven't been able to get the macro to record this function.
For
example, when I reach the second and subsequent pages while transcribing a
medical report, I would like a macro to search the beginning of the
document
copy the patient's name, possibly medical record number and date; page
down
to the second page; paste the copied info; and add "Page 2." Is this
possible?