Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Fearon Chris Fearon is offline

Default Table Border Madness

Word 2003

I have inserted a table (40 rows and 1 column) and using the €śGrid€ť option
have selected a double line as a table border. Now comes the problem. I
would like to use the same double line style to replace the default single
lines at specific row intervals. However, when I use the border/cell option,
I get the double line on the top of the row/cell and the bottom line
disappears altogether. I have played around with the row selection buttons
in so many ways to try to get what I want, but with no success. Is there a
different option sequence I should be using? Again, I want the table to have
the double line around the perimeter and replace the single horizontal row
line (the cell bottom line) with a double line on rows 1, 9, 17, 25, and 32.
I need all the other single lines to remain visible.

Thanks for your help!