Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Potential MAJOR bug in KB969604?

Or will there be an SP2A that fixes the problem in the first place?

I am still waiting for any official word on this, but that, actually, is an
interesting question to which I would guess the answer is no, but I don't
know for sure.

SP2 causes a problem.
There is a hotfix.
The hotfix causes a serious problem.
There is another hotfix.

So, you would need to install two hotfixes if the protected forms problem
affected you.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I still wish someone would explain _why_ I should install SP2, which
is still sitting there in "Available Updates" labeled "important."
What does it do?

Then I would of course immediately install the hotfix.

Or will there be an SP2A that fixes the problem in the first place?

On Jul 9, 10:40 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Note, however, that the hotfix does not "fix" any variables that have
already been corrupted.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

Peter, you missed Graham Mayor's posts in this thread on 2 July:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970942/
Now tested - and it does appear to fix the problem with the variables.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:32:01 -0700, Tont
wrote:

I'm not sure what other information is available for this. One of the
other
work arounds is to save the document/template in Word 2003 ".doc" ".dot"
format. It seems like it's only the Word 2007 document formats (docx,
docm,
dotx and dotm) that are affected. I realise that this impractical for
many
organisations.

Could someone with the appropriate Microsoft contacts keep this tread
updated so that we're aware of when a fix (other than removing KB969604)
is
available to this issue.

Many thanks to all - Peter Hewett-