Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Insert 'Landscape' Excel Spreadsheet into 'Portrait' Word Document

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

Phil wrote:
For reference I am using:
Office Excel 2003 (11.8302.8221) SP3 and
Office Word 2003 (11.8237.8221) SP3
in a Win XP Pro SP3 environment.

I need to insert a rather wide spreadsheet (which is best displayed
in a 'landscape' format) into a Word document which is formatted as
'Portrait'.
I have tried 're-sizing' the spreadsheet to 'fit-on-one-page' but it
becomes unreadable due to the amount of data.

I believe the spreadsheet will fit if I can 'rotate' it to the
landscape format (without altering the 'spreadsheet master' document)
as there are other worksheets from that workbook that I have
succesfully inserted in the 'Portrait' layout.

I do NOT wish to alter the Word document to a landscape layout.

So, to summarize, I need to insert a worksheet that is landscape into
a portrait word document WITHOUT changing the overall layout of
either document. Is this possible, and, if so, how?