Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Can not open embedded Viso file

Hi ?B?SnVhbg==?=,

I have a strange problem. A user created a microsoft word 2003 file. The
user added two visio files into the word file. When I try to open the
embedded visio files I have no problems. Also a trainee with no additional
admin permissions can open it.

But some users in the plant got the following message:

The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the
application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved,
or renamed.

Do you have and idea? I found this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224649/en-us document but I didn't help me.

Another possible cause is a third-party application interfering with OLE
server/client interaction. I think Norton Anti-virus Office Add-in is one
known culprit, but there may be others.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org