Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Kirby

Default Problems deleting highlighted text in Microsoft Word

Thank you so much! Very grateful of your rapid response!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | Edit: "Typing replaces selection."

"Chris Kirby" Chris wrote in message
In Microsoft Word, I have the following issue:

I highlight the writing I wish to delete, however when I press "Backspace"
the writing remains and nothing happens. Have I pressed something to

activate
this?

Could anybody help me please at is really annoying me! Thanks!