Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Expando1 Expando1 is offline

Default How do I add commands to the ribbon in Word2007?

I'm trying to customize a document template. I'd like to have commands on
the menu bar (File, Edit, View, Insert.., etc.) that I can click on and which
will be populated with selections to auto-fill form fields in the document.
I've done this in Word 2003 but can't figure out how it's done in 2007. In
2003, I right click on the menu bar, select customize, select the commands
tab, then under categories select "New Menu" and drag it up to the menu
bar...viola, done! How is this done is Word 2007?

As a specific example, I'd like one menu command labeled "Diagnosis" and
another "Recommendations". The "diagnosis" tab will have a list of
selectable diseases which will insert into the form when selected. Likewise
for the "recommendations" tab.