Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Tom W. Dr. Tom W. is offline

Default Word 2007 and not responding

Thanks for your reply. I will work on your resolution.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If the application works OK in safe mode then the probability is that you
have either a corrupt normal template (rename it) or a defective or
incompatible add-in. Both are covered in the links I posted earlier.
Reinstalling would have no effect on either and was not part of the
suggested trouble shooting regime.

Dr. Tom W. wrote:
Graham:
First, thank you for your reply. The answer to your question is
"yes" it does work fine when I open it in safe mode. To give you a
little history, I did remove the entire Office 2007 and reinstalled
without any change in how Word operates. Any further suggestions?
Dr. Tom

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Programs like System Mechanic in the hands of people who don't
understand the consequences of their use can result in a system that
doesn't work. Whether this is the problem here is difficult to say,
but you can always repair Office and put back the registry entries
that it has removed - if indeed it has removed any of them.
Does the problem occur when you start Word in its safe mode (hold
CTRL whilst starting Word and agree to the prompt)? If not - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Dr. Tom W. wrote:
The problem that i am having is that when I have the document loaded
and I try to save it, use find, or anything else, I get a "not
responding" and the screen goes semi-white. I have to cancel to
close the Word program altogether. I have no problem with any of
the other Office 2007 programs. I have used programs like System
Mechanic 7 to clean and correct programs. I also use Vista
Business. I am not sure whether the cleaning program got rid of
something in Word. Any ideas?