Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS BorisS is offline

Default "roundtrip" cross-referencing

I go through legal docs often, and would like to, as I read them, convert
internal references to links, so that I can jump back and forth. My ideal
scenario with each link set is to have the following scenario:

1) link on the wording of the section to which to link, as in "in Section
6.1 blah blah blah", would have 'Section 6.1' as a link (just a matter of
highlighting the €˜section 6.1 part, I know)
2) the link takes me to the start of 6.1
3) when at 6.1, would like to have an automatically placed link that can
take me back to the place from which I came

kicker is that there may be multiple places from which I have reference TO
6.1, so once I get to 6.1 from any of those places, ideally would like to
have a €œgo back€ sort of link, which takes me back to where I was reading. I
can envision either that the functionality already exists, in which case I
just need to be directed to where this sort of €œback referencing€ is; or
alternatively if it doesnt exist, and ideas of a macro that can reside in
the normal.dot which would effectively track the link generation point, and
then have a button/shortcut that would take me back to where it started.
Hope that makes sense. Any ideas for best ways to accomplish this
(including macro text, if appropriate and the only way) would be appreciated.

--
Boris