Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Michael,

For your 2nd question, you can create a Cascading Style Sheet
separately from Word and attach and apply it to portions of
a document,
and you can extract the style sections from
File=Web Page preview or through Alt+Shift+F11 if you have
the VB Script Editor option installed from Word, but there
isn't a feature to save the styles separately.

Word is text reflow software rather than page layout software.
Except for reflecting the currently selected printer (and
that can be different for each person opening a Word document)
Word doesn't really 'think' in terms of pages.

===========
"michael2005" wrote in message
I would like to create a table style that includes exact positioning relative
to the page it is inserted on (for example, I would like my tbl style to
always be placed in a precise position at the top of the page where it is
inserted).

However, when I create a Word Table style the "Positioning" and "Preferred
width" settings are grayed out. Therefore perhaps this isn't supported...

Any guidance appreciated.

Also, in lieu of exporting to a word document to RTF, does Word offer any
facility to export a stylesheet to a text format where it can be easily
edited. This would facilitate template/style design for the document
designer. Note: I'm accustomed to other tools (Clients need requires Word)
where the style and data layers are distinctly separated.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx