Graham Mayor

The Works suite certainly has Word 2002, but I would have though Dell would
have been shipping Office 2003.

Dave wrote:
I am trying to order Dell PC's. One configuration will have MS Office
XP Pro and the other will have MS Works Suite which Dell states
includes Word 2002.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Are you sure you have your versions correct here? Word 2002 is the
Word component (Word 10) of Office XP. Office 2003 is the current
version (Word 11).

Dave wrote:
Hello,
I am in the process of upgrading a client's office by ordering new
PC's. Most users only need MS Word with a few needing MS Office XP
Pro. I would like to save them some $$$ by ordering only what they
need. They use a MS Access developed application that uses MS Word
for the custom documents. The data for the custom documents is
pulled from the MS Access application database using mail merge.
Can I use MS Word 2002 on some PC's and MS Office XP Pro on other
PC's and still be able to share the custom documents of this
application or will using MS Office XP Pro save the document in a
format that MS Word 2002 will not be able to use?

Thanks for any help.
Dave