Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I defer the "parsing" of a mail merge field in MS Word

You need to merge to a new document then update the fields -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Townfield wrote:
I have a database (spreadsheet) of people's details containing a
"frame" number that refers to their photograph. I'm trying to use
mail-merge (labels) to produce a picture summary card. I've
constructed the following merge field within the (label) layout for
the picture - {INCLUDEPICTURE {DOCPROPERTY Category}{MERGEFIELD
"Frame"}.jpg \d} - this nearly works in that I get the layout I want,
however though there are different personal details on each summary
card, every card has the same photo.

It would appear that the {MERGEFIELD "Frame"} embedded in the
{INCLUDEPICTURE} field is enumerated / parsed BEFORE the mail-merge
design function propergates the labels.

Does anyone have any clues on how I can work round this
"characteristic" please?