Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I add a template icon to tool bar?

Your best bet is to add the the FileNewDialog command from the all commands
section of tools customize to the toolbar, which will allow you to select
from all your templates
or
save the following macro which will intercept the default file new command
to display the same dialog
Sub FileNew()
Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show
End Sub
or
for a single template add a macro in the following format (addressed to the
template in question) to the toolbar
Sub myLetter()
Documents.Add "D:\Word Templates\Letter Heads\Letter.dot"
End Sub

L8RG8R wrote:
I need to be able to click an icon and my template start running.
How do I do that?