jsampson45 jsampson45 is offline
Junior Member

I have tried shift-F4 and the browse button in Word 2007. Only sometimes do they put the cursor in the middle of the screen.

Regards

John Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
You can also use the Browse arrows at the foot of the vertical scroll bar to
Find up or down.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
There is no configuration setting that will do that. You could write a

macro
to do it. My own solution is to use the RepeatFind command rather than the
Find dialog box for successive searches. That way, I don't have a dialog

box
competing for screen real estate when I examine the context of finds. By
default, RepeatFind is assigned to Shift+F4, which I find awkward... so I
also assigned F12 (one finger instead of a contorted two-finger press).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Jack D." Jack wrote in message
I often scan a document searching for a specific word. Word does present
the
found keyword at the top of my screen so I have limited context. Is it
possible to configure Word such that it always position the found

keyword
in
the middle of the screen or document window.