Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Microsoft Newsserver Microsoft Newsserver is offline

Default Wierd - Cannot Merge Mail Merge Letter

Hi Graham,

I'm familiar with the message and it's to be expected. The problem is after
I click yes the mail merge toolbar is greyed out and I can't click "merge to
new document" or "merge to printer" on the toolbar like I normally do. Any
ideas why?

Regards,
Andrew

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

Microsoft Newsserver wrote:
I've got a letter that I've used before in Word 2003 to successfully
merge. When I opened the letter today I go the usual:
Opening this document will run the following SQL command . . .

Message that I get whenever I opened a mailmerge letter like this.
However when the letter opened the icons on the mail merge toolbar
were greyed out - I couldn't click on them like I normally do.

Any ideas what's going wrong or how to fix it, or more importantly
why this happened?

Thanks,

Andrew