Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change a document to become a .doc file to upload?

The biggest clue is that the file name will end in .doc.

(You know that you're going to get boatloads of spam once your resume is
posted. My resume is posted there and I'm glad I used one of my junk mail
accounts for their records. My resume has my "real" addy.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jobseeker" wrote in message
Okay,I tried that. How do you know it is saved as a .doc.? I had to pick
from
drop down. I picked save as a word document. Originially, I picked rich
text
formatt. I am using Word 2002. Thanx again...Jobseeker

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Open your resume, File - Save As - make sure it's being saved as a .doc.

You aren't using the beta, are you? Not a good idea for this usage.
You'll
have to do a save as and make sure it's set to save it as a Word 2003
compatible document. If for some reason (and these things *do* happen!),
something gets screwed up in the translation, you won't get a job.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jobseeker" wrote in message
I have to upload my resume to the Monster Website. The site wants me to
change my file to become a .doc file. I have the word document in my
C:\Documents and Settings. What do I do? Thanx for your reply...