For future reference, you can rename Normal.dot, copy the relevant AutoText
entries from the new Normal.dot to the renamed one, then delete the new one
and rename the old one back to Normal.dot. This would be the most efficient
approach if you'd lost more than a couple of AutoText entries (though
usually that happens only if you've saved a document as Normal.dot, in which
case you have more problems than just AutoText), but in your case recreating
the entries was the better way.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:03:43 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Well, you could rename Normal.dot, or you could create them yourself;
they're just { FILENAME } and { FILENAME \p } fields.

The second option sounds like a winner as I couldn't live without my
normal.dot! g As always, I'll try to see what I can find in the
help and on the web. I don't have a whole lot of luck with these
types of searches, but I always try. g

Thanks.

so
all may benefit.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know where these have gone to in my current normal.dot, but
they're gone. Is there a way to get these back?

Thanks.