Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I capitalize the first letter of sentences?

Where in the paragraph are you beginning this new sentence? The
capitalisation occurs at the start of a paragraph (unless it's a numbered
paragraph) and in the middle of a paragraph if you start typing after the
space following a full stop (period). At the end of a paragraph you would
need to add a space after the final full stop (period) for capitalisation to
occur. If you paste a sentence into a paragraph anywhere it doesn't work.
When all else fails use the shift key. That's what it's for

.

order wrote:
I have the autocorrect check box 'checked' to autocap the first
letter of every sentence. Unfortunately, it's not working. How do I
fix this problem? For example, after adding a new sentence to an
existing paragraph, the new sentence won't automatically capitalize,
nor will there be any spaces between the end of the first and the
beginning of the second sentence.
This used to work, but it is not any longer. I can't figure out how
to correct it back to do it again.
Thank you in advance.