Jason Reichenbach

Default Password protected template

I have created a template (Word 2003) that is password protected against
modification.

When a new doc is created based on that template, even if the document
creator opens the template as R/O, the document itself gets protected against
modification with the same password as the template, with no action on the
part of the document author.

To NOT have the document be protected, it is necessary for the author to
manually go into Tools | Options | Security and remove the password from the
"Password to modify" spot.

The desired action is to have documents created from the protected template
be NOT protected by default. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Thanks.