Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Katie Katie is offline

Default Data source for mailmerge not selecting all data - PLEASE help!

Hi all,

I am wondering if someone could please help - I am lost/baffled as to what I
may be doing wrong. I'm doing a mail merge using an excel table as my data
source. When I choose OLE DB Database Files, all of my data is selected, I
can filter accordingly and complete the mail merge. However, there are many
cells in my worksheet which contain more than 256 characters, so these come
across as incomplete. If I change the data source to be Excel Files via ODBC
(*.xls,xlsx, xlsm,xlsb), then I get the full text from my excel file, however
it appears to not include some rows and not show the information. As I really
need all of the characters, I really need to choose the data source as ODBC,
but I have no idea why it is not including some information from my excel
file.

Could someone please help me out? I have been through the help files and
can't find anything.