Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM

Default read only

Hey,
You didn't mention earlier that you had a disability. If that's the case,
apologies for any offence!
However, that doesn't change the fact that many people WILL get annoyed at
you if you use all caps, unless they know why. I would suggest that is the
Shift key gives you problems, you are better typing in all lower case,
rather than all upper case, then you'll avoid any problems.
As an alternative, you could mention at the end of the message that you have
some a disability that makes typing more difficult for you, that way people
will understand, and (hopefully) not have a go at you. :-)

Once again, sorry if you took offence.

Hope you have sorted your problem with ReadOnly out...?

Cheers,

ChrisM.

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
ooh this is getting silly but I have to say this, that website u mention!
No
mention of some off th people with a know disability! Have to use cap in
typing Doc most off th time! Then again able-body people do not take it in
consideration do thy!

"ChrisM" wrote:

as to me typing
in Caps is there a computer law which say typing in Cap is consider
yelling
or rude? I don't thk so if there is well prove it?

Well, not a 'law' as such, but just good computer manners. Some people
will
flat refuse to reply to a message typed in CAPS as they just think it
rude...

See Rule 1 (and the others if you're interested)
http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html

Or this:
http://tinyurl.com/n3kwr
(Google search all about using CAPS)