Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page Numbers not in sequence

Note that you can restart page numbers for continuous sections as well, but
it requires a bit more work, as you will have to insert a page break,
temporarily, so that you can see the headers and footers of those sections.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lost in ExcelLand" wrote in
message ...
If the different pages are separated by Next Page (not Continuous or
regular
Page) Breaks, the numbering should work correctly. For instance, after
the
first Next Page break, go into the footer and format the page number to
Continue from previous section. Whenever pages go from portrait to
landscape
and back again, this must be done after each section break. Let me know
if
it works!

"Ozzie" wrote:

I have a document where just about every page is formatted differently. I
am
unable to start numbers where I want and when I try to insert page
numbers,
the numbering sequence begins all over again at about page five. I am
sure
it is because of all the different page set ups; most pages have data
that
displays 8 1/2 by 11. However, frequently there are pages where the data
displays 11 by 8 1/2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks