Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martine Martine is offline

Default mail merge/locked fields

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for trying to help me with this problem. I am not aware of
any locked fields, therefore I did as you suggested since my letter includes
my logo at the top and still I get the same error message.

Do you think I can just select all and do control+shift+F11 and that might
work.

I'm completely stumped and very frustrated.

Martine :-(

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Are you aware of any locked fields? Could they be in the header/footer
rather than the main body of the document? If so, you would need to select
the correct part of the docment before using ctrl-shift-F11.

However, the chances are you are not aware of any locked field, in which
case...Do you have images or objects in your Mail Merge Main Document? If
so, is Tools|Options|General|"Automatically create drawing canvas when
inserting AutoShapes" checked? If so, I suspect this problem is related to
that, and that to avoid it you will need to uncheck this box and re-insert
your drawings (or whatever).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Martine" wrote in message
error message: "Word found locked fields during the update. Word cannot
update locked fields". How do you unlock fields? Contro+shift+F11 doesnot
work or I am not doing something correctly.